Instructor – Brian Barnier
Brian Barnier equips companies for growth with a split career between “the business” and IT. He works to bridge two sets of needs to achieve greater business benefits from IT. He also has a unique vantage point because of his experience in practical projects, best practices committees, research and teaching professional education across industries and countries. His results are measured in creation and improvement of process engines for powering enduring growth; not just short term earnings that hide business weakness.
As a Principal at ValueBridge Advisors LLC, Brian serves financial services, health care, higher education, industrial and other industries. ValueBridge Advisors service categories include services for investors, business line, technology, risk and IT leaders. Brian serves in multiple professional and industry organizations, such as ISACA, World Conference on Disaster Management, OCEG (Global authoritative body for GRC).
He is a writer of multiple books and over 100 articles about governance and risk; examples at http://www.valuebridgeadvisors.com/library.html
At ValueBridge Advisors and past roles he created signature strengths in situational awareness, strategy, product management and business-IT management. Vitally, these strengths include organizational actions to overcome decades-old hurdles to implementing better management methods to sustain performance.
- Faculty, Singularity University
- 2014 Faculty, ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking at Wharton
- Adjunct professor in managerial finance, economics and operations at the graduate level in the US, and guest lecturer in US, Russia and Mexico
- MBA with Distinction, Financial Management Honor Society and Beta Gamma Sigma, Ross School of Business, The University of Michigan
- BBA with Distinction, Class Honors and Delta Sigma Pi, Ross School of Business, The University of Michigan